Rakyat Sarawak : Undi Pakatan Rakyat

Rakyat Sarawak : Undi Pakatan Rakyat

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Pembunuhan Altantuya atas arahan ADC Najib?~malaysiakini


Berita Kes Pembunuhan Altantuya .....

By Shannon Teoh (malaysianinsider)

Azilah says Najib's ADC instructed him to help Razak Baginda

SHAH ALAM, Jan 15 - More than two years after the gruesome discovery of what remained of Altantuya Shaariibuu's body in a forest just outside Kuala Lumpur, the High Court here finally began hearing testimony from one of the two police officers charged with the Mongolian's murder in what has been one of the most politically charged trials ever in Malaysia.

Tantalising details emerged about how the two accused policemen got involved in the case on the instruction of Deputy Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak's aide-de-camp Musa Safri.

The High Court also heard testimony regarding how a “Chinese woman,” presumed to be the deceased, and an unidentified and mysterious “Chinese man” were allegedly blackmailing Abdul Razak Baginda, a close associate of the DPM who was originally also charged for abetment in the murder.

These details emerged when Chief Inspector Azilah Hadri, one of the two men charged for Altantuya's murder, took the stand this morning. The other accused is Corporal Sirul Azhar Umar.

The other accused is Corporal Sirul Azhar Umar.

Azilah told the High Court that Musa had contacted him on Oct 17 2006.

The two met the next day where Musa asked him if he knew anyone in the Brickfields police station who could help Abdul Razak.

Azilah replied that he knew one Deputy Superintendent Idris Karim who was the CID chief in the district.

Musa told him that Abdul Razak was being blackmailed and instructed him to meet Abdul Razak and introduce him to DSP Idris, according to Azilah's testimony.

After contacting him through a phone number given to him by Musa, Azilah and Abdul Razak met the next day in the latter's office.

During the meeting, Azilah testified, Abdul Razak told him that he was being blackmailed by a Chinese man and a Chinese woman.

Azilah said he was not told why Abdul Razak was being blackmailed and neither was he told the amount being demanded.

But Abdul Razak let Azilah listen to a voice message, allegedly from the “Chinese man.” In the message, the “Chinese man” said in Malay that “kasi pecah you punya muka,” which can be loosely translated as “I will smash your face.”

Azilah also testified that he heard another voice message in which a woman speaks in English, but he could not make out what she was saying.

Abdul Razak also told him that a “Chinese woman,” whom he identified as “Aminah” was “causing disturbances.

Azilah said he advised Abdul Razak to lodge a police report but the latter refused.

Abdul Razak then told him to advise the “Chinese man,” presumable against continuing with the blackmail.

Azilah was also told by Abdul Razak that the latter had hired a private investigator.

Azilah said he was given a piece of paper by Abdul Razak in which was written the address of Hotel Malaya in Kuala Lumpur and the room number 823.

However, Abduk Razak told him to go to room 512 and “advise Aminah.” The two men then concluded their meeting, Azilah said.

Azilah proceeded to call Sirul and the two arranged to meet in Central market, which is a stone's throw from Hotel Malaya.

The two policemen then entered the hotel and went straight to 512. At this point, Azilah said he was confused with the different room numbers, and decided to leave the hotel without doing anything.

After that, he said that he contacted DSP Idris to ask for help in arranging a patrol car to go to Abdul Razak's house.

Idris agreed to help.

The next day, Abdul Razak contacted him to inform him that the “Chinese woman” was in front of his house with his private investigator.

Abdul Razak asked Azilah to go there to “advise” her.

Together with his then girlfriend Lance Corporal Rohaniza Roslan, he drove to Abdul Razak's house.

He had also contacted Sirul who said he would meet him there.

At the scene, Azilah said he saw an Indian man and a Chinese woman standing next to a car. He then contacted Abdul Razak again, and the latter told him to send the woman back to the hotel.

By this time Sirul had also arrived at the scene.

After exchanging brief introductions with the Indian man, Azilah said he walked back to his car.

At this point the Indian man and the “Chinese woman” walked towards the policeman's car. The woman voluntarily got into the vehicle, he testified.

He then drove off in the car with Rohaniza, Sirul and the “Chinese woman,” presumed to be Altantuya.

The trial is continuing this afternoon.